It’s been sort of an exhaustive day. I attended an occult salon and stepped out afterward with a friend to the sight of crowds, cops and a media circus across the street. An older woman with a wild lion’s mane of hair told us Phillip Seymour Hoffman, whom she described as “a tremendous actor” had been found dead of an overdose in his apartment. As of now while I’m typing this the story is well out there, but at the time my friend and I felt something queasy in our stomachs about the crowds formed around the building (hoping to see the body brought out?) and changed our route. I can’t fully explain why it didn’t sit right.
So that’s been my day. I’m really not a Superbowl kinda gal. Currently my computer is unable to recognize my scanner, so I may not be sharing quite so much art until that’s resolved, but one of the other bloggers I read had filled out this questionnaire, so I figured, why not? It’s something to do. It reminds me back of the days of livejournal.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My mother told me she named me after some folk singer named Jennifer Something-or-other, and my Dad told me they briefly considered naming me “Rainbow”. Hippies.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? In December when our rat Bonney went to the City of the Pyramids.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Sure, why not?
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? I’m a vegetarian. Do those fake Tofurkey luncheon meats count?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? No.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I dunno, go ask that other person.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Over water yeah, not over a rock quarry.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? It varies. Ride now I just bought the one with the frog on it.
11. . DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I have no choice.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Chocolate chip cookie dough.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? That they’re invading my personal space.
15 . RED OR PINK? Red.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Second-guessing
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? All my ratties who have had to go on.
18. ANY TATTOOS? Yes
19. DO YOU HAVE ANY HOBBIES? No, I do stuff because I’m passionate about it.
20. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? I’m barefoot right now.
21. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Mixed vegetables & rice
22. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? John Lindberg – “Resurrection Of A Dormant Soul”
23. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Multicolored melted wax
24. FAVORITE SMELLS? Nag Champa incense, fresh cilantro
25. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? my father
26. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE? beach house
27. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Sometimes boxing’s ok.
28. HAIR COLOR? Currently black/red 2 tone
29. EYE COLOR? Brown
30. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No
31. FAVORITE FOOD? Anything with mushrooms in it.
32. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Scary movies. But I don’t watch them in massage parlors. 😉
33. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Either Tree’s Lounge or Chico Y Rita, I can’t remember.
34. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? A blue striped nightgown
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Only from my husband!
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Chocolate
38. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO? Both are important.
39. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION? Computer, you can watch TV on it and do other stuff.
40. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? “Eros & Civilization” by Herbert Marcuse
41. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? It’s blue with these circular patterns on it.
42. FAVORITE SOUND? Pink noise, clanging metal, percussion, drones,gong/gamelan tones, layered collages of all of the above
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Both have their strong points
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Egypt
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I have many talents, but none of them are “special”.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Hell’s Kitchen, NYC
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW? NYC
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE? There are big street are murals on the front of the building, so, every color.
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR? I don’t have a car.
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS? I was entertained.